Monday, January 12, 2015

Letter #2

Samuel has had another fantastic week in the MTC! It gives me peace to know that he is doing so well. To be honest, I miss him a lot. I wish he were still here, but I know that he's happy and that makes me happy. I know that my family will be blessed, as will the people in Argentina, and so will Samuel. Hopefully it will make this all a little easier to take in and handle. In the long run I know it will, but thinking about how long he will be gone makes me wish it could go more quickly.

Anyway, here's Sam's second letter.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

day. We taught Eduardo. We had a devotional, and I was in the choir. The speaker talked about how God has a plan for us and we need to trust that he knows what's best for us.

Wednesday. We taught Eduardo. We taught a new investigator named Javier.

Thursday. We taught Eduardo for the last time and it was an awesome. Hermano Brown, our teacher, asked us where we want to be at the end of our missions.

Friday. Eduardo's real name is Hermano Pemberton and he is actually one of our teachers. In the lesson with Javier that day Elder Porter and I invited him to be baptized. He said he needed to know us and the church better, but possibly in the future. Hermano Brown told us about his life growing up and about his testimony. A lot of the stuff he said reminded me of myself. I love that man.

Saturday. We learned about stress and how to get rid of it from Hermano Pemberton. Then he started interviewing us all to get to know us better. Hermano Brown was sick, so he had to leave early, but that night we practiced door approaches and teaching each other as though we were investigators.

Sunday. We had study time in the morning. Then priesthood, we learned about ordaining people and about growing our faith. After that was a bit more study until sacrament. In sacrament meeting I blessed the bread in Spanish. So, fun fact, in the MTC they choose who's speaking in the meeting that they are speaking in so you are told that you're speaking right before you actually speak. I got to speak. We all get to know the subject the week before so that we can prepare. During my talk a special musical number started in the next room over and it worked perfectly with my talk to bring the spirit. That night we went to choir. we were singing Joseph Smith's First Prayer and the director told us, if ever we were in a meeting and it wasn't going well and we needed the spirit to tell the Joseph Smith story. He said that general authorities have said the spirit will always rush in to confirm the truth of it. Then in the devotional after that they talked about how God works between lessons, more than during them. He had all of the missionaries who were converted to the church within the last two years share their stories and it was really powerful. I love Sundays

​This is our lack of a room number.
This is the in-room-refrigerator.
Las Hermanas en mi district. From left to right. Hermana Arndt (I lied about how to spell her name last time. Sorry, this is right.), Hermana Cluff, Hermana Cardon, and Hermana Dustin.
The Elders in my district. From left to right. Elder Porter, Elder Jensen, Elder Henderson, and me.
This is the whole zone at the temple. The tall one in the back by Elders Porter and Henderson is Elder Duffin. The other two not in the other pictures are Elder Lines, behind Hermana Cluff, and Elder Dangelo, behind Hermana Cardon. Those three are in the intermediate Spanish class and they are their own district.

This was a huge message so I hope it all works out.

Until next week,
Elder Samuel James

No comments:

Post a Comment